Tuesday 7 April 2015

A cry for realism.

Okay ladies. Here goes. 

My name is Natasha... and I am NOT perfect. 

There. I said it. 

I don't know about you, but I struggle all the time with realism. I mean, it's silly because all you have to do is see the baby drool or puke or food on my clothes and know that my life is not perfect, but somehow... I always want to come off that way. I want you to think my home is always clean and my kids are always happy, and that I never struggle with anger, and that I read my Bible three times a day and listen to sermons in all my spare time. 

Ooooooh how far from the truth this is! Here's the reality ladies! 

I struggle to read my Bible on a daily basis. I yell at my kids at least twice a day and have to repent every single time. It's 4 PM on tuesday... and I'm still in my pajamas doing the dishes. There is a patch of I do not know what underneath my rocking recliner in the living room I have been avoiding scrubbing off my floor for like... a week. Ok, maybe like two weeks. Just because I have no idea WHAT it is. 

I'm nine months pregnant, and I have all the exhaustion, and strain, and hurt from that you would imagine comes with having two under three and being the size of a small whale. 

And sometimes... a resent my children. And in those moments, I'm so thankful for the words of the moms of the world who say "It's hard, but they are a blessing! God says they are a blessing! We're here for you!" 

Why is this so hard to admit? Why do humans, especially women and most especially moms, feel that we need to hide the nitty gritty of our lives? 

I think it has to with pride. So much pride. 

Admitting I suck at my job sometimes... means being humble. Means opening up my heart to the other women in my life and saying honestly "I'm struggling and I suck at this right now, and I need help. Please help me."

Ladies! There is a reason that Paul tells the older women to teach the younger women to love their husbands and children and to keep a house! Because it's hard and it doesn't come naturally! 

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to open myself up. As soon as I'm done this post I'm going to go call a friend, and ask her if she has some time in the next week to come over and help me clean my house while we chat. And that's going to mean admitting I'm struggling to get it done myself. 

I challenge you do the same. If you are struggling, or just need someone to talk to... call someone. ANYONE. Reach out for help and admit... you're not perfect and you need help. 

Be humble, be real... and find that Jesus in those women will say "Then let me help." 

Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...